These days, Greg contributes to an average of 25 albums a year, recording with artists like American Idol Season 11 winner Scotty McCreery, Sheryl Crow, Luke Bryan, Darius Rucker, and many more. Consistent and authentic, Greg won a 2008 ACM award for Top Percussionist of the Year and took home the 2014 Modern Drummer’s Reader’s Choice award for best studio drummer. In other words, he’s bringing it year after year and never letting up.
Music + Vitals
- Slingerland StudioKing kit
- Ludwig from the 60’s and 70’s
- Rogers from the 60’s
- Gretsch from the 50’s and 60’s
- Drum Workshop
- Protools 10
- Mic pres from API, Avedis, McCurdy, Focusrite and customized Kingfish tube pres.
- API 550a equalizers (70s)
- 1176 “F” revision compressors.
- Ealy Compactor
- SPL Vitalizer
- Mics from Neumann, Senheiser, Shure, Audio Technica, Peluso, AEA, etc.
CHARLIE’S TIP : Upgrade to the Premium Account and receive the inside story on how Greg and I record together, including gear, signal flow, and techniques we’ve perfected over the years. I’ll give you lots of game-changing tips on how to get the most out of your session with Greg. P.S., when you book Greg for your session, ask him why recording at Blackbird in Nashville is so convenient for drummers.
Charlie Peacock on Greg